aside from being cissexist the whole XX = female and XY = male thing is Straight-Up Wrong
AFAB people can have XO, XXX, XXXX and XY chromosomes while AMAB people have have XXYY, XYY, and XX chromosomes and since the majority of the population never has their karyotype examined, they’ll never know that they have one of these chromosomal quirks unless that specific combination has associated symptoms, and not all of them do. you could literally have one of the aforementioned combinations without even knowing it and meanwhile you’re insisting that all AFAB people are XX and that anyone else who has this must also be female
we could also talk about how hormonal patterns for XX persons can naturally and biologically mirror that of a typical XY person, or vis versa, which gives rise to things like androgen insensitivity disorder. here u have it, folks, an whole group of intersex people who have XY chromosomes and testicles and vulva and vagina, all grown naturally, all at the same time.
the number of people who are intersex mirror the number of people who are born with red hair, but no one goes around trying to say that red isn’t a natural hair colour just because the phenotype doesn’t manifest in the majority of the population.
The whole sex binary is bullshit.
jess what should i know about medieval lesbians this is very important it is for science
CRASH COURSE IN WESTERN MEDIEVAL LESBIANRY
- Lesbians existed
- They wrote each other poems
- They probably banged in gardens a lot
- (That’s my own personal speculation but men were supposed to stay away from gardens like hello sexytime)
- They probably got away with it a lot because medieval men were pretty clueless
- Also because it wasn’t considered actual sex unless a penis or dildo was involved
much like the modern day
- No, really.
- That being said there is a twelfth-century poem out there that calls lesbian sex “thigh-fencing” like a joust which is pretty hilarious
- Nuns lived in convents together. Giggity.
- If you were a nun or a single woman or a widow people were more likely to be okay with you banging a chick because they figured you couldn’t get your rocks off elsewhere (!)
- Also sometimes they’d “diagnose” a woman with “hysteria” (i.e. a nonspecific illness or disorder thought to be caused by a lack of sex) and the obvious solution was to have a midwife come and “bring her to hysterical paroxysm”.
- No, really.
- "Hysterical paroxysm"
- That’s what the kids were calling in back in the 1400s.
- Punishments for lesbians were pretty fucking awful and got worse over time
- Most of it is speculation because lesbians in history are virtually invisible and there has never been a complete history of medieval ladylove written ever
- But on the bright side, garden sex!
*** Jacqueline Murray, “Twice Marginal and Twice Invisible”***
Graham N. Drake. “Queer Medieval: Uncovering the Past.”
Diane Watt. “Why Men Still Aren’t Enough.” (ngl I haven’t read this I just included it because of the brilliant title)
things they don’t show you in porn:
- elbowing each other in the face
- leg cramps
- accidentally pulling each other’s hair
- ass pubes
things they also don’t show in porn:
- sleepy morning sex
- mutual giggle fits over awkward situations
- sex fading into cuddles fading into sex and back into cuddles
- your lover’s o face
so don’t ever compare yourself to porn thank you
it ok to not be ready
Please spread this shit like wildfire. People go on and sit through the whole experience and they’re uncomfortable because they just want to please their partner and they don’t tell them that they want to stop because they are not ready. It’s okay not to be ready.
- Your gender identity is a separate concept from your sex.
- Your presentation (how you dress/ present yourself) is a separate concept from your gender identity.
- Your sexual orientation is a separate concept from all of those things.
- Your romantic orientation is a separate concept from those things.
- Often these things have nothing to do with one another!
I THINK IT’S REALLY IMPORTANT TO TALK ABOUT MASTURBATION AND SEX AND ORAL SEX ETC. ETC. FREELY LIKE IT’S A NORMAL THING BECAUSE IT IS A NORMAL THING IT’S A NORMAL HUMAN THING TO ENJOY PLEASURE AND A LOT OF PEOPLE ESPECIALLY GIRLS DON’T REALIZE THAT SO THAT’S WHY I TALK ABOUT IT SO FREELY IT’S IMPORTANT
Often, after doing that, they’ll also report following that up with a second common oops, which is just flipping that same condom over and then putting it on the right way.
Condoms are highly effective safer sex tools to reduce the risk of transmitting or acquiring STIs, as well as a very effective method of contraception. But that effectiveness depends a whole lot on using them not just consistently, but properly. This isn’t proper use.
If you can see the image here on the page, you’ll notice the edge of the condom is rolled facing up. Like the brim of a hat. Or a rolled up sock or stocking before you put it on. Or, if you cuff your jeans, how the cuff looks when you look down at it.
Rolled up, towards you when you’re looking at it, rather than rolled under or down, with the rolled-up rim facing away from you.
When you — or a partner — go to put it on a penis, toy or prosthetic, you want to be looking at it like that, with that rolled edge facing up, then roll it down from there, which will usually be easy when it’s the right way.
If it’s a struggle to roll down, chances are when you look at it, you’ll find it’s not facing the right way: and whoops, you or yours didn’t put it on right.
If that happens, you’ll need to toss that condom out, and try again with a new one.
That one you flubbed with is no good to you anymore. It’s potentially had contact with fluids or pathogens if it’s had contact with whatever it was being put on, the fluids or pathogens a condom, properly used, keeps you from having contact with.
Read the rest at Scarleteen here!
“What Old People Think About Gay Sex”
“How do you identify?”
I’ve never hit reblog so fast in my life.
“There’s nothing wrong with being a slut”
I think I need these people to adopt me as their granddaughter okay
I love old people. They say the most naughty and raunchy things and it’s hilarious.
“Ill be sexual until the day I die”
Hey! Did you know:
- sex is okay
- so is masturbation
- watching porn won’t make you impure
- one night stands are okay too
- having sex with multiple people doesn’t make you a slut
- even 3-somes or group sex and orgies are a-okay
- sex with the same gender is alright
- not having sex doesn’t make you a prude
- your body your choice no matter your gender
- shaming other people for who they have sex with, how much they have sex, and even their kinks make you NOT okay!
I found too many things about people — teens especially — only realizing that not saying no does not equal a yes once they’re told.
So I made a thing.
I’m so sorry if I did something wrong, I’m not 110% sure what I’m doing, so I’m almost scared to post this, but…
Sign here, if you’re interested.
Signed and passed it on to FB and Twitter. This is a cause worth spreading about.
Reform for sex education is BIG DEAL and that includes teaching people what consent is and means!
This looks like a good idea.
Don’t separate your class by gender or sex, it can make trans* students very uncomfortable and it completely writes off individuals that do not identify in the gender binary. You can’t tell how someone identifies from how they look, and their experiences could differ wildly from your own.